Cyber Essentials represents the basic cyber security controls the UK Government believes all organisations should have in place to help protect against the most common forms of web-based attacks.
At Accelero Digital, we can help your organisation achieve Cyber Essentials certification.
Achieving Cyber Essentials certification allows an organisation to demonstrate to its clients, stakeholders and others that they have put essential cyber security measures in place to minimise the risk they face from cybercriminals.
As an IASME-accredited certification body, Accelero Digital can help your organisation achieve Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
5 KEY CONTROL AREAS
Cyber Essentials is fast becoming a certification that Government bodies are looking out for: many central Government and Welsh Government contracts have a Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus requirement, depending on the sensitivity of the data being handled.
Both Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus focus on 5 key areas:
- Boundary Firewalls and Internet Gateways
Are they set up correctly to effectively protect your network from unwanted intrusion?
- Access Control
Are users only able to access what they should be able to?
- Malware Protection
Is your antivirus adequate and up-to-date?
- Secure Configuration
Are your systems configured in a way that makes them secure?
- Patch Management
Are you using the latest versions of software and have patches been applied?
WHY SHOULD MY ORGANISATION GET CYBER ESSENTIALS?
There are many benefits to achieving Cyber Essentials:
- Demonstrates that your organisation has adequate measures in place and takes cyber security seriously
- Enables you to bid for Government contracts with a mandatory Cyber Essentials requirement
- Ensures your organisation approaches online working in a safe, risk-minimising way
- Reduces the risk of your organisation suffering a cyber attack by 80%
- Provides a solid foundation from which you can build towards achieving other information assurance certifications such as Cyber Essentials Plus, IASME and ISO 27001:2013
- A cost-effective method of achieving information assurance certification
HOW CAN ACCELERO DIGITAL HELP?
Accelero Digital is an IASME-accredited certification body, meaning we can assess your organisation for the IASME Standard, Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certification. Having attained Cyber Essentials Plus and the IASME Gold standard ourselves, we understand the importance of implementing good cyber security practices and the benefits of being able to demonstrate this to our clients. We are on hand at every stage to assist in the planning, implementing and maintaining of cyber security controls. We will provide detailed feedback regarding any aspect of your cyber security that is not quite up-to-scratch to help you achieve compliance in the future.